Saturday, July 6, 2013

Finish-A-Long 2013: Quarter 2 Recap

she can quilt
And that's the end of quarter two and half the year.  What do I have to show for it?  Not much!  Work and a few other non-crafting related things kept me very busy over the last few months. Thankfully I thought ahead and set myself some reasonable goals, so Q2 went much better for me than Q1 did!






1) Baby Quilt

At the beginning of the quarter I only had the binding left on this quilt and a rapidly aging baby, so it was a pretty quick finish.

2) Index Blocks


Ugh! Still untouched!  I did think about them this quarter though, so that's progress, right? Onto Q3 with them...

3) Coasters


I got this one in just under the wire! They've been sitting around all quilted with the binding cut for over a month, so finally with only one week left to go (and after some good-natured harassing from my friend who requested them), I sat down to House of Cards and finished them up.

4) Wiksten tanks


I made one of the two that I intended to make, but I'm still calling that a finish! I've worn it to work, I've worn it out, and I really need to sit down and make more.  I even bought some knit fabric from Finch Sewing Studio, so we'll see how that goes...

Items that don't count towards the FAL, but I'm including for motivational purposes:

5) Snowballs in Helsinki - another UGH! I was hoping to start cutting this at the DCMQG Retreat in June, but didn't get to it.  I did, however, make a list of everything that needs to be cut, so that's something.
6) Boyfriend Sweater - Haha! Still sitting at the bottom of my knitting bag. I bought the yarn wash, but that's it. I also made another sweater in the meantime.  Oops.
7) Spectrum socks - No progress.  I have three projects on my needles, and now two to block, before I can work on these. 

See the original post with my FAL Q2 list here.

No comments:

Post a Comment