Friday, July 5, 2013

New Leaf Coasters

The fabric for these coasters is quite a propos. My friend redoctorated her apartment and asked me to make her some coasters, and at the time she was turning over a new leaf. Perfect! Now, three months later, the leaf has already turned so these are a bit late, but oh well. Better late than never.

Sorry for the poor photos. Bad lighting, but I had to get this up today.
I used New Leaf by Diasy Janie, which I won a few months ago. My friend's furniture is all neutrals, so I thought these vibrant colors (these pictures are really bad and unrepresentative) would be a great addition. I used three prints for the front, and two bolder prints for the back. I can't decide which side I like better!


I sandwiched two layers of batting between the fabric, did a few lines of quilting to hold it all in place, and bound with a coordinating Kona solid (I can't remember which one...).


She has a really nice coffee table, so I assume these are going to get a lot of use!


Counted towards FAL 2013 Q2

No comments:

Post a Comment