Thursday, July 25, 2013

Drawstring Knitting Bag

 

I love this bag (made using this tutorial)! I've already put it to good use, toting around the tie I've been working on (slowly but surely) for Mr. T.  And this fabric is one of my new favorites. I picked up a fat quarter from Finch Sewing Studio during the DCMQG's sewing day there last month specifically to make a knitting pouch, and now I'm wishing I had more.


So far I've only noticed two downsides to this bag, both easily fixed. The first is that the needles have a tendency to poke through the fabric if I hold it (or sit on it...oops) in just the right (um, wrong...) way.  So for the next one I think I'll add a layer or two of SF-101 just to give a little extra thickness and hopefully keep my super sharp DPNs inside the bag.


The second downside is the size. And it's only a partial downside. For a small project like this tie, it's perfect. For something larger like sweaters or afghans, it's definitely too small. Or, would become too small once the project really started growing. Of course, Jeni does have a pattern for purchase with larger sizes, so again, it's not really an issue. Anyway, off to knit some more! It's unbelievable how long this tie is taking, especially for such short rows! I think a troll is coming and taking out all my stitches each night because it seems to never grow.


Counted towards FAL 2013 Q3


No comments:

Post a Comment