By 10pm, they looked like this:
That's right. With only the toes left to go, I frogged them. They just weren't right. The leg was great, but the foot was way too big. I also didn't like how the yarn looked so nice and striped at the top, but was more confetti-like along the foot. So, I'm going to start over. I figure if I'm going to spend this much time making something, it might as well be good. No point wasting time on something I know I'm never going to wear.
After reading a few posts (primarily this one from Hey Porkchop!), I checked out Wendy Johnson's Socks from the Toe Up from the library, and consulted Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. I really like the step-by-step directions she gives. Much more thorough than anything I've been able to find elsewhere, including books and online. I'm going to use her method to get comfortable with plain socks, and then branch out to some more exciting designs.
In other news, we got our first snow last night! I snapped a photo on my early morning walk to yoga.
|I love snow! It's so pretty!|