Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Weekend Update, instagram edition

As usual, this weekend was too short. I did manage to get a few things accomplished, but not enough.

I finished a couple quilt blocks for my guild members. These will be turned into charity quilts for 100 Quilts for Kids at our meeting next week.


I also finished a few other random blocks. I've been wanting to make flying geese for awhile and am glad I finally got the chance. I definitely want to make a flying geese quilt some day.


I really wanted to at least attempt to cut the fabric for Mom's chuppah, but all I did was take it out of the closet and send her a photo for her florist. I think I'm hesitant to work on this for three reasons:

1) I'm not overly happy with the blue. Probably should have gotten this one instead, which actually was my original intention. I think the one I bought works, but it's not the shade I really wanted, so I'm kind of kicking myself. But I can't reorder, so that's what I'm using.
2) For my design I have to work with 4 inch by 4 yard strips - I'm really nervous that I'm going to mess up while cutting the strips. DCMQG members - I know next weekend is charity sewing day, but I might bring this fabric to get some advice/help on cutting if you don't mind. 
3) It's for my mother's wedding, so it has to be perfect.

The wedding is at the end of October, so I actually really need to get working. I think it should come together relatively quickly. Just need to make the first cut!

Art Gallery Fresh Water, Mystic Grey, and Appletini

My iPod broke and Apple won't replace it even though it was a known manufacturing problem (poor customer service, Apple!), so Mr. T tried unsuccessfully to fix it. The parts are just too small! But now I have my eye on this one (despite the fact that I'm mad at them, there's just no suitable replacement). And this once we change phone providers next month!



- I went on a few good runs in preparation for this race in November.
- On one of them, I got to run with this adorable guy. I really want to bring him home, but we can't have a dog in our apartment :(
- Mr. T and I went to see this dance show. We got free tickets through a Hindi class I'm taking. Thank goodness they were free, because the show was pretty boring. Not the upbeat, colorful, fast paced Indian dance shows I'm used to seeing.
- I did a little bit of work on my Slade sweater for Mr. T, but not as much as I wanted. I'm on the sleeves now. Then just blocking, seaming, collar and button band, buttons, and probably blocking again. Hopefully he'll be able to wear it this winter.
- I tried to buy this yarn in Moondance, but it was sold out in less than 2 minutes. As soon as I put it in my cart, it was gone!

And I got to play and cuddle with these crazy creatures!




No comments:

Post a Comment