Saturday, November 12, 2011

Starburst Baby Blanket

A few months ago, I found out that my cousin and her husband were pregnant with their first child.  I immediately proposed to my family that we all chip in on some quality yarn and I whip up a quick baby blanket.  I headed to my neighborhood yarn store to find the perfect materials.  (Sidenote: I LOVE this yarn store.  Before this particular visit, I had been in a few times but never made a purchase.  Now I'm there almost every week!)

Anyway, after much deliberation concerning yarn and colors, I finally decided upon Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino in shades of yellow and green.  My cousins have decided not to learn the sex of the baby, so I had to keep things gender neutral (not entirely sure if I was successful, but I tried...).  I used Celeste Young's Rainbow Ripple Baby Blanket pattern, which is available for free on Ravelry.




After I finished the blanket, I still had a good amount of yarn left over, so I whipped up a couple hats for my new baby cousin as well.  S/he'll be coming in the dead of winter and will certainly need plenty of hats to keep him/her warm.



Update: My new cousin was born on January 23, 2012!  She's a beautiful little (only 4lbs15oz) girl named Sylvia Bree.  Hopefully she likes green...

No comments:

Post a Comment