Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crocheted Patchwork Afghan

I spent last summer in Uganda working with an AIDS support organization (you can read my blog from that experience here).  When I returned to the US, I had a lot of free time as an unemployed graduate student before the fall semester started, so I headed to the store and picked up a bunch of Vanna's Choice Yarn by Lion Brand.  Using 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches by Leisure Arts as a guide, I made this Afghan.


I used a different stitch for each color of yarn, sewed it all together, and finished it off with a simple border.  It's the first substantial thing I've mad for myself and I have to say I'm quite pleased with it, especially as the weather is starting to cool.

You'll also notice that I used this afghan as the background for the blog.  At least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment