Saturday, November 12, 2011

Knitted hats

I've been wanting to learn to knit for several years now, so I finally bit the bullet.  A few months ago a friend and I took a beginner's class and since then, I've been a knitting machine.  My first few projects were sent away as gifts before I took pictures, but I made these hats for me and my boyfriend so they were easy to document.

My boyfriend's hat is a simple 2x2 rib made with a chunky yarn and size 10 needles.  I must say, he looks very good (and a bit emo/hippster) in it.  I'm still trying to convince him to let me post a picture of him donning the hat.


My hat was made with the following materials (and a size 7 circular needle).  I actually wasn't too fond of it when I first finished it, but now I absolutely adore it.  While knitting, I got slightly distracted and made it a bit too large, but I really like the slouchy effect I ended with.  And I am not posting a picture of me in the hat because I am not a very good model.


No comments:

Post a Comment