Monday, June 24, 2013

Secret Sewing with the DCMQG

Last weekend the DC Modern Quilt Guild had our first retreat! There have already been a few posts about it, so I'm not going to go into detail, but suffice it to say that it was awesome. It reminded me of my summers spent at sleep-away camp, only much much shorter and I got my own room (in a frat house...)! I'm still relatively new to the group, and I haven't been able to attend many of the most recent meetings due to conflicts and travel, so the retreat was a great opportunity to get to know my fellow members better!

As a part of that "get to know you," attendees could opt to participate in a secret sewer swap.  I was paired with Jessie, our president!  She unexpectedly had to leave early, but I was able to give her one of her gifts. The first day we were supposed to give two fat quarters. 
 
 
In her mosaic, Jessie said her color scheme is neutrals with pops of color, and right now she's was into black, pink, chartreuse, and blue-gray.  Well, my stash isn't very deep, but I managed to find a few things that would fit.  I also made a little padded pouch using this tutorial from Jeni at In Color Order.  Such a cute pouch and so easy! Also, this dresses fabric is one of my favorites! I'm going to make myself a little knitting pouch with it.


I also added a few of my favorite treats - lifesavers mints and a speculoos chocolate bar from Trader Joe's (seriously addictive!).

More on the other gifts later this week!


1 comment:

  1. so jealous! Glad you got to know your sewing buddies better. Where was the retreat?

    ReplyDelete