Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Alpine Headband

Two weeks ago, one of my friends turned THIRTY! To celebrate, we went skiing (my first time ever, but that's a different story), so I made her this aptly named Alpine Headband.


It was just a happy coincidence that the pattern I liked was also named after her chosen birthday activity, but I take it as a good sign that she'll like this (naturally I only started working on it the night before the ski trip, so I didn't quite finish on time and haven't given it to her yet).


I used Tosh DK in Smokestack and Malabrigo Lace in Glazed Carrot that I had originally purchased to make an Argon Tee, but then didn't like a) how the lace and DK worked together for that tee and b) could tell just by the first few inches that the sizing was going to be way off.


The pattern was super easy to follow, but given my gauge I was afraid the finished headband would be too narrow, so I added another two rows (which equals 4 additional stitches) to the repeat to make it a bit wider, and then ended up doing 6 or so fewer repeats than recommended to reach the desired circumference.


I also used the new camera I just received as a belated Hanukkah gift to take photos. SO AMAZING! So far I've only used the automatic function, but I'm excited to take some time and learn how to operate it manually.


No comments:

Post a Comment