We just did a quick late night photo shoot, but I'll get some better picks of him in full shirt and tie.
The square was SO easy. I used a fat quarter of Dear Stella I had on hand (which perfectly matches the tie I got him for his bday that he's planning on wearing; the collection is Lanikai, but I think it's discontinued now. It's no longer on their website). I cut a 13" square, folded each edge in 1/4" twice to encase the raw edges, and top stitched. Such a quick, simple item that adds so much panache to an ensemble!
Also, I tried something new in order to accurately fold my raw edges. In the past, when hemming items, if the directions say "fold raw edge 1/2 inch," I just sort of roll it up a little, do a half-ass measure, and hope it comes out right. This time I wanted it to be more precise, so I scored the folding line with my hera marker, and it worked like a dream! With enough pressure, the fabric essentially folded itself. All I had to do was a hot, steamy press and everything stayed in place. I didn't even need any pins! I'm sure others have been doing it this way for ages, but I was quite proud of myself for thinking up this method last night.