Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Linen Tote

I really love making bags.  I inevitably mess something up because I don't read the directions carefully and have to break out my seam ripper, which makes me angry, but it's still always fun and the end product turns out well.  Plus, after quilts and yarn-related projects that take forever, the (relatively) instant gratification is great!

Thanks to my model, Sabrina.

I made this bag using the Madras Tote pattern from Noodlehead.  As always, the pattern was great and easy to follow.  I did make a few changes.


I didn't have any cotton webbing on hand, so I used fabric to make the handles.  I did it just as Anna directed in the Sidekick Tote pattern, also adding interfacing to the lining fabric to stabilize it a bit more.



As is my habit, I also added a zippered pocket inside as well as a slip pocket.  I really can't handle a bag without an interior zip pocket.


The outer fabric is the same linen I used on the Sidekick Tote I made for Mom, and the interior is a Denyse Schmidt print from JoAnn.


No comments:

Post a Comment