Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cloth Napkins

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my brother is getting married soon and he and his fiance just bought (and moved into) their first house.  I'm going to visit them for Thanksgiving and felt like I should bring a housewarming gift.  One of the gift requests on their wedding registry is a set of basic, neutral-colored cloth napkins, and after seeing a pattern on (where else) the Purl Bee, I decided to make them napkins.  I used the pattern for Molly's Homemade Napkins.

Since they originally asked for neutral napkins, I didn't want to vary too far off of that palette, so I bought a neutral khaki.  To make them more personal and add a little pop, I bought three different shades and patterns of blue fabric to make the bias tape border, so they would have four napkins bordered in each color.

It took me some time to get the hang of making these, but they came out pretty well.  I like the different shades of blue and how that addition creates different combinations of napkin pairings, depending on the number of people my brother and future sister-in-law are entertaining.  I hope they enjoy them and get a lot of use out of them. 






No comments:

Post a Comment