Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hola!

Cómo están? Estoy muy bien!



Mr. T and I just returned from vacation in Colombia and it was great! Not exactly relaxing, though our vacations rarely are because I insist we see EVERYTHING, but certainly interesting and enjoyable. Plus it was our first time in South America, so that's fun. 

We had a little incident towards the end of the trip and managed to drop our camera in the Caribbean Sea. Even though it was in the sand/water (though mostly sand) for literally 0.2 seconds, it's not working. And our only computer with an SD card reader also isn't working. So until I determine the best and cheapest way to get the photos off the card, you'll have to trust my word and these cell phone photos that it is a beautiful country!  

 
Hopefully I'll be back soon with some more pictures and details of the trip, as well as some information on these awesome free podcasts I used to learn a little Spanish before we left. I studied French in school so I had zero knowledge of Spanish going in, but after just four weeks of listening to these podcasts - I got through about 25 of the 80 beginner's lessons - I was able to ask basic questions during vacation and, more importantly, had enough of a grounding in the language to enable me to pick up a lot more Spanish while we were in Colombia. [Disclaimer: I was not asked or paid to review these podcasts. I just think they're really awesome and wanted to share]

And since this is a crafting blog, I also have a few items I completed before the trip that I have to share. Just have to figure out the best way to take photos until I replace my camera. And mail the items to the recipients...


These three photos were taken in Salento, a small town with around 4,000 people in the Zona Cafeteria where the majority of Colombia's coffee farms are located. It was absolutely gorgeous and one of my favorite stops on our trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment