For the interior I stuck to the insect theme and used these cute lady bugs that I'd originally purchased for Rayna's quilt. As always, I modified the pattern a bit by adding an interior zip pocket. I really can't have a bag without an interior zipper. I get too nervous my keys or money will fall out if they're not secured inside. I also added a label, which I don't typically do for items I'm keeping.
I lined the interior pieces with SF-101 and, to provided even more shape and stability, ironed some fusible fleece to the outer pieces. I was a bit nervous this would make it too thick, but I'm actually quite pleased with the heft and feel of the final product. Because of the extra bulk, however, the bag wouldn't really stay folded if I set it down, so I included a magnetic snap to latch the flap in place.
I expect I'll get a lot of use out of this bag, especially as the weather continues to warm and we're more willing to venture out in the evenings.