Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Clutch

I'm not really a bag person. I like them, but I hate switching all my personal effects every time I want to carry a different one, so I just don't bother. I buy one purse, use it every day for every occasion until it's worn out, and then replace it. After several years of not having a good bag to take to Bat Mitzvahs, weddings, or even going out at night, I finally decided this system was not working as well as it used to. I have an old clutch I got for my 18 birthday, but it's beyond outdated now, and doesn't even fit my cell phone. Mr. T and I had a couple summer events planned, so after eying it for a few months, I purchased the Envelope Clutch pattern from Noodlehead and got to work.


Even though I don't often carry too much when I'm going out, I made the larger size. It was a bit bigger than I expected, but I don't mind that. The size was actually perfect for all the stuff I carried around at this gorgeous wedding we attended on Lake Michigan.
 
Doesn't it look perfect against the sand?!
I used leftover linen originally used for Molly's Tote last year. For the lining, I used this Kaffe Fassett parasol print I've had forever. I think it was one of the first quality fabrics I ever purchased.  The bright colors are the perfect offset to the subdued outer fabric.


I also love the bright pop of the pink zipper. This was my first time ordering from Zipit and I will definitely be doing that again! The zippers are much better quality and cheaper than the ones I usually buy from JoAnn and, even after accounting for shipping and coupons. Plus she was really flexible with customizing my order.


I receive compliments on this bag every time I take it out - people can't believe it's not store bought, which is a credit to Anna's fabulous pattern. And I've had requests from friends to make them one, so this pattern will definitely be getting some more use. Plus I need to make myself a few more to go with different outfits and colder weather. I think I might even try to make a cross body one.

 
Disclaimer: All opinions about products and patterns in this post are my own. I was not solicited to make these comments, nor did I receive any free products (though I wouldn't say no if asked!).

1 comment:

  1. Love this clutch. I may just have to download the pattern and make one for myself. Did it take long to make up?

    ReplyDelete