Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Guest Post - Curves Ahead Cowl

It's finally time for another guest post!  Several friends have been churning out amazing items, so I hope to have more of these in the near future.

 
 
Today, I'm happy to present my beautiful friend, Lauren!  She took a bit of a hiatus from knitting, but now she's back and here to tell us a bit about her project.

I decided to get back into knitting because a new yarn shop had opened in my town. The owner was the friendliest knitting shop woman I had ever come across, and her store was so beautifully set up, with couches, coffee, and the nicest yarns I had seen in a while. As soon as I stepped inside, I couldn't wait to start a project. She suggested this cowl because it was slightly more advanced than I was used to and would get me back into the swing of things. Also, it was a one skein project, so it would be quick to finish, which would be encouraging to continue knitting more.

My favorite part about this was knitting in the round and doing the increases and decreases. I loved this pattern and the final look of the cowl is super fun. I recommend it!!!
 
Thanks for sharing, Lauren! We will definitely be taking a trip to this shop the next time I come visit.  I just love this colorway.  Doesn't it look gorgeous on her!

 
I've also seen a pillow she currently has on her needles, so we'll be hearing more from Lauren soon!

Materials
Pattern: Curves Ahead Cowl (free)
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Baby Me Boo


No comments:

Post a Comment