Monday, January 23, 2012

Wavy Cables

I made this hat and the Waffle Hat as holiday presents for friends.  I just taught myself (thanks YouTube) to cable and so I was excited to try this pattern.  It's so fun to be able to do more than just basic knits and purls!  I used Berroco Peruvia Quick in color Nautica for this hat and followed the Plum Cabled Hat Pattern by Molly Jane Wick, available for free on Ravelry.


I really love the twists and turns in this hat and the texture that the cables create.  I also really liked this yarn.  It worked up relatively quickly and I ended with a ridiculously warm and stylish hat - well, my friend did.  Perhaps I will once I finish all my holiday gifts (yes, I'm very behind).  My one comment for this pattern is check your gauge!  I didn't, and I paid for it.  I ended up knitting this hat three times because my first two attempts ended up ridiculously small!  The third and final could have maybe used a little more length, but the circumference was good so I refused to rip it out and start over for a fourth time.






No comments:

Post a Comment