Thursday, January 5, 2012

Waffle Hat

I made this hat and the Wavy Cables hat as holiday presents for friends.  This pattern is from Close Knit, a blog for a yarn store in Portland, OR (perhaps one day I'll get to visit...).  I liked it because it was interesting, yet would still be appropriate for a man's yet.  Usually I feel that too much pattern becomes too feminine, but I think this hat works.  The yarn choice doesn't hurt either.  I used Lion Brand Tweed Stripes in color Tundra - the dye pattern created subtle stripes in varying shades of browns and grays, yet still kept it neutral and masculine.





I really like this pattern.  It's super simple yet creates and intriguing pattern that can work for both men and women.  I'll definitely be making this one again, though probably with a different yarn.  While I like the final look, the yarn wasn't the easiest to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment