Thursday, November 14, 2013

do. Good Stitches catch up


I just realized I have THREE months worth of do. Good Stitches blocks to share. I thought I had already shared September since I finished it several weeks ago, but apparently not. So here we go.

September


Amanda mixed it up for us this month. She wanted to make a rainbow stripe quilt, so each member chose a color and made a strip using any block/design of her choice. I had been wanting to make butterfly blocks for awhile and I thought it added a fun level of interested to do a bit of an ombre effect with the shades.  This should be a really interesting quilt!

October

Lots of yellow in my sewing corner! Amy requested yellow and whilte/off white half square triangles. This will be a very bright and cheery quilt for sure!

November

Lastly, Deb asked for 12.5 unfinished economy blocks. I thought these were quite fun. I enjoyed picking a festive print for the center square. I thought I was being so clever with the first one cutting those cute cups on the bias only to be foiled in the end! I overthought it and didn't realize that, because there are 3 layers, the center block ends up sitting straight. Oh well, as Mr. T. said, I can just say that "the cups runneth over!"

No comments:

Post a Comment