Monday, August 19, 2013

More blocks!

It seems like most of what I've been making these days are small gifts and quilt blocks. And trust me, I'm fine with that! As satisfying as it is to make an entire quilt or a sweater, I love the instant gratification of smaller projects. I have a few finishes for this week, but we'll start today with my do. Good Stitches blocks for August. Linda picked a fun tutorial (or maybe tutoriolito, as she often calls them) by Marla of Sew Hungry. [Sidenote: I've never met Marla, but I'd really like to. I can tell we'd get along. I love her bio and chem-based humor!] Linda asked for two blocks in a choice of two colorways: pink and yellow or pink and green for a girly quilt. I decided to do one of each.

At first I was a bit nervous about this block because it has a number of pieces and a lot of points, but once I got going they came together easily. And I did quite well with matching my points, if I do say so myself!

Fabric: Windham, Dear Stella, Robert Kaufman, Kona, Riley Blak

Fabric: Sketch, Kona, Robert Kaufman, Riley Blake, a few unknowns


No comments:

Post a Comment