Thursday, August 16, 2012

Action Kivu

For those of you who know me (which, let's face it, is all of you because I know only family and a select handful of friends read my blog), you know that I have two main passions - public health and crafting.  So when I stumbled upon this post during my regular blog perusing, I was immediately inspired to donate.


Action Kivu is a nonprofit organization that assists women who are victims of the conflict in Eastern Congo. The organization runs a sewing workshop and also pays for children to go to school.
IMG_5414
This is a small organization that makes a big difference in the lives of the people it helps. Nzigira (pictured above) is a graduate of the sewing workshop and is now supporting her family as a seamstress. The sewing machine she’s using was purchased with funds from last year's fundraiser. She is just one example of the many women and children who have been directly helped by this fundraiser.  

Please go visit Handmade by Alissa and the Action Kivu website to learn more and hopefully you'll feel inclined to give a little as well.

Photo and language from Handmade by Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment