Monday, June 2, 2014

do. Good Stitches - May 2014

In May, Amy asked us to make any two star blocks of our choosing in a red wine color palette.  Since I'm trying to make better use of the crafting books and magazines I own, I chose two patterns from Vintage Quilt Revival.

First up is Dove at the Window, from page 126 in the book.  Amy specifically requested non-wonky stars, so I followed the directions for the tradition block, rather than the wonky update.


The fabrics are definitely a bit busy, but after staring at it for 3 days it's grown on me, so I decided not to redo it. Plus I think it will be a bit less harsh once it's put in the quilt will all the other stars.

Next up is the Star and Pinwheel block from page 62.  I was a little wary of all the bias edges when making this one, but it worked out alright.  


1 comment: