Monday, September 9, 2013

US Open

After several years of missing out on tickets, Mr. T and I finally made it to the US Open last week! IT WAS AWESOME!


I spammed instragram (I'm @thecraftyroach) with nearly identical looking photos of tennis courts, but if you look closely you can differentiate. I'll only post a couple here.



Rafa demolishing Robredo. If only it had been Rafa vs. Roger as anticipated. It would have been a much better match!
We went to the evening session Wednesday and all day Thursday, so we saw a lot of matches, including:

Azarenka def. Hantuchova
Nadal def. Robredo
Paes and Stepanek def. Bryan brothers
Williams sisters def. Errani and Vinci
Wawrinka def. Murray
Djokovic def. Youzhny

Watching Wawrinka destroy Murray.
We also saw Li Na and Richard Gasquet on the practices courts. We had to fight the crowds to crouch and peer through a fence, but it was worth it!
 
Serena and Venus. This match was in one of the smaller stadiums, so we were only three rows back!
And there were two exhibition matches, so we got to see a minute of the McEnroe brothers as well as Chris Evret and Monica Seles vs. Jason Biggs and Rainn Wilson. The latter was much more entertaining that I thought it would be.

I'm sunburned and exhausted and my hair is crazy, but I got a photo with Novak! (See him down there in the corner giving an interview...)
We're already planning our trip next year! Hopefully we'll see some slightly more exciting matches because, even though it was awesome to be there, most of the ones were saw were pretty one-sided, finishing in straight sets. 

Also, later this week we'll return to crafting-related posts when I share details of the Staple dress I'm wearing in these photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment