Monday, April 9, 2012

Seed Stitch Infinity Cowl and Hat

I fell in love with this cowl when I saw it on JJCrochet's website, so I had to make one. I figured it would be the perfect birthday gift for my friend Cara, even though she most likely won't be able to wear until next winter...

I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in color Grey Marble and size 13 needles.  The pattern calls for size 17, but the largest I had was 13 and I did not feel like buying new ones.  As a result, the stitches in my cowl are tighter than the original, but I still really like the effect of the seed stitch.


I tried to bind this with a kitchener stitch to hide the seam rather than just sewing it together to form the infinity loop/mobius strip, but it didn't work out so well.  I lost track of which step I was on...several times.  But I think it still turned out nicely.  I even had enough yarn left to make a matching hat!  Now all we need is a real winter this year so my friend can actually use these...


My friend looking beautiful in her new scarf!
(The hat is peeking in at the edge of the photo).


No comments:

Post a Comment