Monday, February 20, 2012

Granny Stripe Cowl

My good friend Lara is moving to away, so I made this cowl for her as half (very belated) holiday gift and half going-away present.  The pattern was inspired in part Attic 24's Granny Stripe afghan and in part by this two-colored cowl from Purl Bee.  I also needed something that would work up pretty quickly because I only had a few days to finish it before Lara moved.

I used Lion Brand Homespun yarn, I think in color bourbon (I threw the packaging away...).  I used to work with this yarn a lot when I first starting crocheting, but then I stopped.  This project reminded me why.  The finish project is very soft and has a nice texture, but it's a pain to work with!  Making the foundation chain was especially difficult because the individual stitches were tough to see.




No comments:

Post a Comment