Monday, December 26, 2011

Winner Hats

These are the two hats I made for the winners of the Gingerbread House Making Competition.  Since I didn't want them to have to wait too long for their custom-made hats, I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn and size 13, 16 inch needles, so that the hats would work up quickly.

Wide Rib Hat (aka Adam's hat)
For this hat, I wanted something simple, but I didn't want to just knit the whole thing or do a normal rib, which I have been doing a lot of lately.  Instead, I constructed it with these wide ribs to give it a bit of texture and intrigue, but still keep it basic. 

Materials 
1 skein of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Denim Twist
Size 13, 16 inch circular needles





Really Warm Hat (aka Victoria's hat)
I found the pattern for this hat on ravelry (available for free here).  It's much simplier than it looks, though I did change up the crown a bit because I wasn't sure how I felt about the lines crossing along the top.   I really love the finished product and am thinking of making one of these for myself.  Plus with the pom pom, who wouldn't want this hat? 

Materials 
1 skein of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Lemongrass
Size 13, 16 inch circular needles





 Pretty good prizes, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment