I used linen home dec fabric for the exterior and some Denyse Schmidt for JoAnn for the lining.
Naturally, I made a few changes. I made the small size bag, but used the large pocket. I also replaced the velcro closure with a magnetic clasp.
I changed the inside pocket to a zippered pocket instead of a slip pocket. And added batting to the strap to make it a little softer.
I attempted to add a zipper pull (you can kind of see it at the top right of this photo), but I didn't do the best job. I gave Mom permission to cut it off. Oh, and she's a big fan of my homemade labels, so I sewed one in for her (and told her to show it off to her friends and drum up some commissions).
Mom opened the bag when she got home from her birthday dinner last night - she loves it. Hopefully I'll get a picture of her using it over Thanksgiving.